Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Classic Fresh Sandwich

I was recently reminded how much I love a good Caprese sandwich. I don't eat them often, and every time I do, I wonder why that is, because they are so delicious, and so easy to make!

Traditionally, the ingredients include:
Fococcia
Fresh tomatoes, sliced
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Fresh basil
Balsamic vinaigrette


To spruce it up a bit, I also added:
Minced bottled garlic
Fresh rosemary

To make the sandwich,

1. Spread a little bit of the bottled minced garlic on each slice of bread.

2. Slice tomato and arrange on the bread

3. Arrange the basil over the tomato slices

4. Arrange the mozzarella over the basil and tomatoes


5. I added rosemary on top of the mozzarella, but this step can be left out if you'd like.

6. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the sandwich and top sandwich with other half of bread.

7. If you have one, place the sandwich in a panini press. If you don't have a panini press you can toast it open-faced in the oven or toaster oven to melt the cheese. Keep in panini press/oven until cheese is melted. Slice sandwich in half, and enjoy!




Even Chance wanted a bite!












1 comment: